Seeking Nominations for the Conrad Rehling Award
Do you know of a Michigan PGA Member who was actively involved with the Special Olympics in 2021? The Section is looking for candidates to nominate for the 2022 Conrad Rehling Award.
This award is presented conjointly by the PGA of America and the Special Olympics, as it recognizes PGA Members for outstanding contributions towards Special Olympics Golf in their community.
About the Award
The Conrad Rehling Award, first presented in 2005, honors the late PGA Master Professional who followed a successful collegiate coaching career at Florida and Alabama by transforming his retirement into inspiring PGA Professionals to give back to those with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Rehling died in April 2007 at age 87. The founding father of the Special Olympics Golf movement in 1988, Rehling spearheaded The PGA of America’s efforts to introduce golf to Special Olympics. The Association and its nearly 29,000 men and women professionals have dedicated countless hours, services and funding to the growth of Special Olympics Golf.
2021 Award Winner
Michigan PGA Member, Michael Mignano, was awarded the 2021 Conrad Rehling Award at the 2021 Special Olympics Michigan Fall Games held Sunday, September 26 at Eagle Crest Golf Course. Mignano is a prime example of an ambassador for Special Olympics Golf and represents the PGA of America and its golf professionals with utmost integrity and humility.
- Must be a PGA member in good standing that was actively involved with the Special Olympics local/State Program in calendar year 2021. The Award will be presented in 2022.
- Activation/engagement can include both in-person and virtual training/competition formats. Due to COVID and limited in-person engagement in 2021, consideration will be given to the use of virtual/online platforms to keep athletes, Unified partners and coaches involved with Golf.
- The following individuals are ineligible for consideration:
- Previous Conrad Rehling award winners
- Class “F” or INACTIVE members
Email Anna Epkey by March 15 if you know of a Member who meets the criteria.